noviembre 23, 2012

November random special - Darkie surgery

BEWARE, lot's of grammar problems.

I posted most of the stuff on the sketchblog, but i like doing these old with new drawings together thing.


Isn't it cute how we change our characters along the years? Specially if we left it kind of... dead? Sorta, the work is consuming my time more a more (and the laziness as well) and it gets difficult to try to get new stuff to upload, and because of it, i'm doing these, for myself, because my only public is the wall, right buddy?

So the first fella will be Darkie, based on one of my usernames, and first internet nick.

Basically, i wanted to create some sort of avatar for the user, because at that year i was obsessed with Final Fantasy IX black mages, i tried to do one of my own. Everything seemed more epic on my head.


There isn't a lot of stuff anyway because i wasn't happy with the design on the first place, and i was afraid of trying to explore variety and details because of the fear of comparisons or similarities with other people creations, and if that wasn't enough, saturated colors, overuse of the color purple, EARS, no idea how they work. The character died the same year of 2006.

Until last year, that i remembered something random meanwhile i was looking for game videos while  i was cleaning the scenes for my short, this fella popped up in my mind.

I like weird creepy stuff, and the game has lots of creatures that inspire me to do my own cheap looking creatures, so instead of making another character, i just remembered the old corpse of Darkie, so... SURGERY TIME!


A long the sketching, was thinking of personality for her, and now that i remembered, the first time she didn't have one, so i guess this time, thinking of how the chara was going to act may have helped (of course it had). At first i was going for a bitchy version of myself, like an evil clone, until i did the happy smile with the stretched frowns, that's when i saw that the bad aptitude might not work, change of plans, she kept the creepy looks, but now is a happy character.


For the moment, this is how Darkie is looking.


I still need to do some tweaks around, maybe not, but that comes slowly, because i think i have a little problem getting out of my box. But now, i'm more happy with how Darkie is now, of course there is that influence around and it might not be completely original, but is a improvement from purple black mage mess, also she is perfect to express silly stuff like this below.


Maria

No hay comentarios.: